Friday, January 19, 2007

An Affable Introduction

Hello. My name is Alex, and this (obviously) is my blog. My English class is embarking on the journey of keeping online commonplace blogs. My site's title -- Amalgamation -- describes the intent of this commonplace blog. Here I hope to amalgamate -- or compile, if you will -- things from the media, everyday conversations, or even my own mind that stick out. Hopefully, all of the images, quotes, and passages that I gather will help to answer the following questions:

1. What kind of world is this?
2. How should I live in it?

I won't be so precocious as to attempt to answer these questions now, and I may not even be able to answer them at the end of this project, but since they're important foundation questions to keep in mind, I reasoned that they would be worthy of introducing in my first post.

Also, as the title of this post prays, you have, through this introduction, gained some insight as to what my style of writing is like, and maybe what my personality is like too. Hopefully, you have found me to be affable and will help me to discover things about my life and this world, and about my life in this world.

-Alex Y.

1 comment:

LJK said...

I like your song. How did you do that?

Lindsey